To understand what learners want most, it’s essential to recognize that preferences can vary based on individual needs, goals, and the context of learning. If you would like to offer a learning platform, you might be interested to learn more.
To understand what learners want most, it’s essential to recognize that preferences can vary based on individual needs, goals, and the context of learning. Skillz Middle East is more than 10 years offering e-Learning solutions in various organizations. We have achieved the delivery of more than 500,000 learning hours per year on e-Learning platforms. Before we look into the infographic let’s cover the most essentials which never changed.
However, some common desires among learners often include:
1. Relevance: Learners want content that is directly applicable to their lives or professional goals. When they see the practicality of what they’re learning, engagement and motivation tend to increase.
2. Engaging Content: Interactive and engaging content captures learners’ attention. This can involve multimedia elements, real-world examples, and activities that encourage active participation.
3. Flexibility: Learners appreciate flexibility in how and when they learn. Offering a variety of learning formats (videos, text, quizzes) and accommodating different learning styles helps meet diverse preferences.
4. Clear Goals and Expectations: Clear objectives and expectations provide a roadmap for learners. Knowing what they’re working towards helps maintain motivation and focus.
5. Supportive Learning Environment: Learners want an environment that fosters collaboration, communication, and support. This includes access to instructors, peers, and resources that facilitate a sense of community.
“I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught.” — Winston Churchill
6. Feedback and Assessment: Constructive feedback is crucial for improvement. Learners value assessments that measure their progress and provide insights into areas for growth.
7. Technology Integration: Many learners appreciate the integration of technology to enhance the learning experience. This could involve online platforms, interactive simulations, or other digital tools.
8. Opportunities for Application: Learners want to apply what they’ve learned in real-world scenarios. Providing opportunities for practical application helps reinforce understanding and builds confidence.
9. Recognition of Progress: Acknowledging and celebrating milestones or achievements, whether big or small, can be motivating for learners.
10. Continuous Learning Opportunities: In a rapidly changing world, learners often seek ongoing opportunities for skill development and knowledge enhancement. Lifelong learning is increasingly valued.
Remember that individual preferences can vary, and understanding the specific needs of a target audience is crucial for designing effective learning experiences. In the infographic below from Lighthouse Research and Advisory you will find some more details information related to the trends and wishes of 2023 and beyond. It is clear that the audience has changed over time and the young generation seeks more for creativity, engaging audio-visual content, and their entertainment needs.