In the recent published Gartner Magic Quadrant for Digital Marketing Hubs Adobe was named a leader based on ability to execute and completeness of vision.
As a digital marketing hub, we allow marketers to think beyond email campaigns and address customers personally and consistently as individuals through a variety of contexts and formats. Digital marketing hubs, like Marketo, unify disparate marketing data and processes to drive acquisition, engagement, conversion and transaction across complex customer journeys.
Digital Marketing is not anymore like traditional marketing. In the era of digital transformation happening everywhere, marketers want a proof of their investment.
Adobe – Digital Marketing Cloud
San Jose, California
Adobe is a Leader in this Magic Quadrant. Its Marketing Cloud has a core service known as “People” that can create or manage audiences at the Adobe Marketing Cloud level or at the level of a specific solution such as Adobe Analytics, which serves as Adobe’s stand-alone product for general marketing hub capabilities. Adobe achieved top ratings in marketing strategy, innovation and customer experience. It sets the pace for a majority of advanced marketing capabilities, and its cost and complexity reflect this. Consider Adobe if you are a midsize-to-large enterprise with a moderate-to-high level of operational and analytics marketing maturity looking to compete on quality of customer experience and personalization.
- Vision leadership. Adobe has parlayed its leadership in creative tools and its relatively early commitment to marketing analytics and cloud-based deployment into an offering of considerable breadth. The addition of its multiapplication artificial intelligence (AI) services layer, dubbed Adobe Sensei, shows considerable promise for enhancing the power of core marketing products like Adobe Audience Manager.
- Product quality. Adobe references give it top marks for product reliability and usability, and the quality of its warranties. Its scope of deployments reflects its leadership positioning.
- Support ecosystem. Having cultivated a strong support community for its creative cloud products, Adobe is adept at recruiting corporate partners like Microsoft, major system integrators, marketing service holding companies and end-user support groups.
- Complexity. Although Adobe has taken steps to streamline its notoriously complex product architecture, product boundaries and options still cause confusion among prospects. Users also noted unexpected complexity of integration projects, even among Adobe’s own products.
- Identity management gap. References gave Adobe lower-than-average ratings for cross-device identity management and external data integration features, reflecting a lag in these capabilities relative to Adobe’s peers. In 2016, Adobe announced a cross-device data coop; its general release is pending as of this writing.
- Cross-cloud integration. A foundational value proposition of Adobe’s marketing hub is its unique connection with Adobe’s Creative Cloud content development tools and environments. The backbone of this connection is Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), but the integration between AEM and the Creative Cloud and AEM and Audience Manager, which is central to Adobe’s hub, leave room for improvement.
The full report includes:
- Market evaluation and analysis of 22 vendors
- Insights for selecting a vendor based on your organization’s requirements
- Opportunities and challenges faced when deploying digital marketing hubs
You want to learn more about Digital Marketing, contact Skillz Middle East
*Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.