The results of the 11th annual Marketing Performance Management Survey are out.
Digital Marketing is not anymore like traditional marketing. In the era of digital transformation happening everywhere, marketers want a proof of their investment.Dieter Hovorka
More than 400 business and marketing professionals from over 200 companies completed the survey, which was designed to assess Marketing’s performance: specifically, how marketers use data, metrics, and analytics.
Some of the key findings…
- Just 40% of marketers say measuring Marketing’s value and contribution to the business is very important or critical.
- However, less than 10% of senior executives are relying on marketing data to make decisions.
- The C-suite can’t relate marketing activity-based metrics to business outcomes.
- The “A” marketers are ahead because they know what their key stakeholders care about.
- These “A” marketers are actually moving two of the most important business outcome needles: market share and customer satisfaction/loyalty.
Check out the following infographic which summarizes key findings from the Forrester/ITSMA/VEM joint study to learn how “A” marketers are measuring business outcomes and using analytics: