Implementing a marketing automation solution usually takes time and budget, so it can be frustrating when you can not see the immediate return of investment.
Digital Marketing is not anymore like traditional marketing. In the era of digital transformation happening everywhere, marketers want a proof of their investment.
But there are steps marketers can take to help set up their brands for success. An infographic by digital agency r2i lays out 7 of the most common barriers that marketers surveyed for an Ascend2 report come across in their journey to marketing automation trip.
Let’s look into some key takeaways and stats of the infographic:
• Lack of strategy is the gorilla in the room: 52% of marketers surveyed claim that lack of an effective strategy is their biggest barrier to success when using their marketing automation tools.
• Training is essential: 32% of respondents say employees lack the skills to use the marketing automation tools correctly.
• The complexity of systems: 42% of respondents said their systems and platforms are too complex to deal with
• Contact data: 38% see a lack of having proper leads on regular schedule
• Content is weak: 31% found that relevant content is a must which most of the times does not come from sales or product management
• Budget limitations: 27% of the audience still sees misalignment of the budget into a longterm plan