Technology is sometimes a blessing but most of the time a challenge. Organizations and marketers are suffering to most of the time to play catch-up instead of benefiting from technology. 10 Modern Technologies which are Disrupting Digital Marketing and still try to find their way to benefit everybody.
Most of the people are scared of the question, what is this or what does it mean? We face it every day in our life that we get confronted with technology or terms which we don’t know what they stand for. Sometimes terms are misleading, sometimes it is only the fact that evolution in digital marketing is progressing in light speed.
Let’s have a look into 10 modern tech terms challenging us every day and which technology we should keep an eye on for better understanding. The infographic talking about 10 technologies Disrupting Digital Marketing below was put together by Spiralytics who offers data-driven marketing.
1. Big data
Big data is the biggest game-changing opportunity and paradigm shift for marketing since the invention of the phone or the Internet going mainstream. Big data refers to the ever-increasing volume, velocity, variety, variability, and complexity of information.
- Big Data improves data collection for accurate and personalized campaign targeting
- Get insights about your campaign performance
- Future applications include the creation of attribution models to identify the contribution of each channel on the total conversation, programmatic advertising, and optimization of video marketing
2. Artificial Intelligence
“Artificial intelligence marketing (AIM) is a form of marketing leveraging artificial intelligence concept and model such as machine learning and Bayesian Network to achieve marketing goals. The main difference resides in the reasoning part which suggests it is performed by computer and algorithm instead of human.” – Wikipedia
- Finds useful patterns to gain insights into marketing numbers for better ad targeting and consumer behavior projection
- Also used by search engines to interpret queries for relevant results
- Al scripts for apps may enhance online customer chat platforms to learn more customer information, help solve problems, and find solutions on demand.
- Al-powered technologies can improve customer-centric strategies through better trend analysis, enhanced customer profiling, and even more sophisticated personalization strategies.
3. Machine Learning
Machine Learning gives computers the ability to learn from data and create accurate predictions, without explicit programming. When it comes to the marketing world, the promise of machine learning is in quickly finding hidden patterns in massive amounts of consumer data, Big Data and Machine Learning go hand in hand.
- Used In audience segmentation and integrated Into analytics to detect anomalies and do real-time analysis of large datasets
- Machines can make automated content creation possible. Banner ads, email campaigns, or social media posts can be generated and applied to different formats for different channels. As performance is being collected, headlines may automatically be changed to match the content that is performing well.
“When it comes to marketing, automation is a powerful tool that allows you to get more done in less time. Recently, marketing bots have become a popular form of automation. A bot is basically software that you can program to carry out a certain set of actions all on its own.” – says Neil Patel about Bots
- Not only an effective way to communicate but is also a 24×7 two-way channel between consumer and brand.
- Commonly used in the sales and service departments and provides search and discovery and product recommendations
- May soon be able to remind consumers to replenish a purchase through voice assistants
- Chatbot communication may start and from one device to another
5. Voice Search
Voice users are asking your company to give them a reason to buy your product or service. The tech-savvy business that wants to increase their revenue and sales, voice search offers a smart way to do it, it’s only a matter of bringing voice search optimization into your digital marketing strategy mix.
- Marketers utilize voice search to gather more information about the devices’ users through their search engine queries, requests for specific information, application launches, selections, or voice dial.
- It may soon be integral to SEO. Marketers need to learn how to optimize keywords based on how it is used in a conversational manner rather than as a typed-up query.
- It has the potential to upend paid search and organic content strategy practices.
6. Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality
Virtual reality and augmented reality are immersive technologies which offer significant opportunities for brand promotion and the sale of products and services, but also to engage and retain customers, both B2C and B2B.
- Both make for an immersive experience. inciting a range of senses and emotions• Both make for an immersive experience. inciting a range of senses and emotions
- In turn, both offer a unique try-before-you-buy experience that enables consumers to explore a product. engage with the brand, and make the purchase all at the same time.
- Could bring together the physical store and e-commerce to *completely blur the lines between high street and online shopping experience.”
- Can be used for short-form storytelling to provide interactive experiences around a branded content
7. Internet of Things (IoT) and Wearables
Since IoT technology connects the internet with objects that are ubiquitous in our daily lives, marketers in almost every industry will be able to engage consumers throughout every phase of the customer journey. Wearable technology: it’s a buzzword that’s incessantly thrown around without much understanding of what it actually is, or what it does. Beyond the fact that these technologies are smart devices that consumers wear and interact with, the full effects have yet to be determined.
User to gather more information about its users like their habits and preferences. The more connected devices a user has, the more ways marketers can reach them in a detailed and timely manner.
Sensor technology of wearables, which can also be internet-connected, made gaining insights into biological conditions possible.
Biometric data may be used to understand a person’s interaction with a brand
Blockchain Eliminates Digital Marketing Middleman. Digital marketing now utilizes “middlemen” that control the territory between advertisers and users. … Google also handles the processing of transactions so that the website owner is paid fairly for clicks generated on the advertiser’s ad.
- Marketers can use blockchain to motivate consumers to watch or read advertisements and engage by leaving feedback or tagging friends.
- Decentralized apps built atop blockchain have the potential to challenge the integrated app platforms by Apple and Android and to support new cooperative economies globally.
Beacons are small devices that send Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) or Near Field Communication (NFC) signals to mobile devices nearby. Retailers can use beacons to identify and track people as they visited the retail outlet, providing valuable information to marketers about the past (and possibly future) purchases and segment audience though heat maps of popular products or areas in their shop.
- Gathers detailed information on customers to optimize store experience and create personalized campaigns based on their movement.
- E-commerce businesses can use localization
todirectlytarget potential customers in specific.high-traffic locations by putting beacons in establishments and ping out offers.
- Bridges online and physical presence of businesses to ensure continuity.
- It can help determine what kinds of campaign capture the consumer’s attention as it puts direct and relevant ads into every customer without chasing them down.
5G is the fifth generation of mobile innovation. It’s an abbreviation that stands for the fifth generation of cellular wireless transmission. For marketers, it means faster data transmission and reacting faster on customers wishes and communication on the move.
- Faster connectivity also means faster page load times for low bounce rate and Increased CTR and ROI.
- May open doors for video ads utilizing VR or AR where advertisers can better showcase their products and services.
- May give marketers the power to collect consumer data In real-lime for optimized campaigns and improved location-based marketing.
These Technologies may affect and benefit Marketing and other business activities including Data Gathering, Personalization, Data Analytics, Targeting and Placements, Content Creation, Customer Service, Content Distribution, and SEO. What is your take on these disrupting Digital Marketing technologies? Share your thought in our commenting section below.
- bant.io , The Ultimate Guide to Using AI in Email Marketing Campaigns. Artificial intelligence (AI) has been changing the world over the last few years, also in Digital Marketing.
- Express Text Blog, Small Business Marketing Ideas That Can Make A Difference Today by Ashish Patel who concludes “These small business marketing ideas are crucial for your business, especially in the introduction.”