We see that most marketers have adopted into the digital age and are well aware that Google-friendly content can help to increase traffic, engagement, conversions, and finally sales. But what are some of the core rules and things to follow for SEO-friendly content?
Today’s infographic for 9 amazing tips helps you easy to create really great content which will score for you. The infographic from Grazitti Interactive will go into details of these key tips for creating SEO-friendly content and includes advice on researching keywords, identifying the right formats, and implementing effective internal links.
So let us have a look at these valuable tips.
Tip #1 Start with a keyword search
What shall your content target, what is the primary topic/keyword what readers are looking for? Remember, when people search they might not always think the same way, they might use other words of searching, look for alternative keywords or combinations. You can use keyword search tools to help you in this regard. Capture the primary keyword and define 5-10 additional keywords.
To identify your primary keyword ask yourself the following questions:
- What is my audience looking for?
- What question would they ask online?
Tip #2 Determine search intent and identify the right format
Identify keywords by search intent which are most of the time in clue words of your SERP (Search Engine Results Page) title.
- Informational: guide, tutorial, what, how, tips, steps
- Navigational: name of brand, product, or services
- Commercial: best, cheapest, top, review
- Transactional: buy, price, coupon
In the infographics, you will find a sample to each format, elements of a content type that can help you to decide how to build the content.
Tip #3 Create a well-optimized META title
A META title can have some characteristics which can be key for your success. The length of a META title should be around 60 characters, reflect the target keyword, correspond to the search intend, may include a call for action, and motivates the person to actually go to the website.
Tip #4 Optimize the META Description
The META description encourages a user to click on the link or SERPs, it should:
- Be unique
- 1-2 sentences (140-160 characters, max. 160-165 chars)
- Describes a specific page
- Include the target keyword
- Target an emotion
- Include a call for action
Tip #5 Create a catchy H1
The HTML tags for headers help visitors to navigate easily through your content. The most important one is H1 to create SEO-friendly content. It makes the introduction to your audience. Some Pro Tips for H1:
- Select a unique H1
- It should relate back to the body text
- It may include conversational terms like how, why, what
- It can also include numbers, for example; top 10, 5 best, N things, X list
Tip #6 Structure your content and make it readable
Great content is well structured and easily readable and easy to scan for fast reading. In HTML you have plenty of options that help you to make your content shiny and stand out.
- Use H3+H3 tags
- Subjects and ideas to be separated in paragraph
- Divide long sentences
- Highlight main ideas in bold or italic, you can change the font/style
- Add bullets or numbers to lists
- Cover content long enough to cover a topic (long reads)
Tip #7 Add visual content and optimize it
We know very well that video content is in the moment receiving great momentum. But also other visual elements can help to catch the attention of your audience. Infographics, images, photos, and videos deliver higher value to your audience and can be processed by over 80% of people quicker than text.
- Make sure you optimize images, use wisely the right format, try the new WEBP format for quicker loading time
- Always make sure your images are not too large in ratio compared to their visual size
- If you don’t display photos there is no need for high color space, infographics or statistic images can have a lower color depth
- Optimize image names
- The search engine is also indexing your image names, make them readable and unique on your page
- Optimize ALT tags
- make them unique and descriptive
- descript what an image shows, use keywords in the description
Tip #8 Make your URL readable
The main element of a website is the URL. A good readable URL has also a positive impact on SEO. Make it descriptive, easy to read, include the keyword, use hyphens or underscores between words, and try to use lowercase only.
Tip #9 Adjust Interlinking
Linking is helping to score great in SEO, however, before linking your text make yourself a couple of things clear. Conduct an audit on your content and ask yourself the following questions. Which topics does the content cover and which once not? Which articles are worth linking to and which ones not?
A good strategy to think of is to make a content hub and build around it. Awareness content shall link to consideration articles and consideration articles should link to decision content. Check the infographics below and see samples of all the tips on how to create SEO-friendly content.