You invested your time to make a storyboard, hired someone who is an expert to make your corporate video but now you want your audience to pay attention. But how to get your YouTube videos noticed? With today’s infographic, you will master also this challenge.
It is an old saying, time is money and time is still our most precise value in life. The more we understand this would save our investment we make into creating a video for our marketing activities. In the year 2017 the video consumption increased by 3000 %, this triggers a lot of organizations to plan video marketing in their marketing strategy mix. Special in the Middle East a lot of organizations are focusing on YouTube Videos since it is the most consumed social media content. Alone in Saudi Arabia 23 million social media users consume monthly YouTube Videos. The diverse market situation and multi-cultures environment require organizations to tell their story in pictures and videos.
YouTube ins know to be the second largest search engine. Furthermore, it’s know to processes more than 3 billion searches a month. YouTube is changing the way we search for information online.
This we can read in the infographic by video production agency One Productions, which provides a nice overview of SEO for YouTube and a step-by-step guide on how to start optimizing your video content.
Let’s open the curtain and look at some of the impressive numbers behind YouTube and its success.
- YouTube is used in 88 countries around the world.
- YouTube processes more than 3 billion searches a month.
- 100 hours of video are uploaded every minute.
- 3.25 billion hours of video are watched on YouTube each month.
But to succeed with your video and get it noticed there are some couples of things to consider. YouTube ranking factors are Video Title & Description, Keyword Relevance, Number of Views, Audience Retention, Comments, Reactions, Shares, and Channel Strength.
Yes, you would agree to all of them and are on top of it. But how about some more tips, what can we do by element to optimize our YouTube videos?
- Titles: Character limit is 60, the title you choose affects your click-through rate and your rankings. TIP: Make sure your title utilizes keywords in an engaging and concise way.
- Descriptions: Character limits is 5,000, YouTube only displays the first 2-3 lines (around 1,200 characters) of the description. As users need to click ‘show more’ to see the rest. the bottom half of the text is largely redundant. TIP: Make the first 2 – 3 lines as interesting as possible to encourage click-through.
- Tags: Aim to compose 10-12 tags, Tags are used to categorize videos. They provide vital information about the content to your audience and to YouTube itself. TIP: Don’t include irrelevant tags to get more views as YouTube may penalize you.
- Thumbnails: size 1280x720 pixels and a 16:9 ratio, This is the image displayed on the video results page. Choose a high-quality image to encourage click-through and improve your ranking. TIP: Take time to create a custom thumbnail for each of your videos as these tend to perform better than autogenerated ones.
- Subtitles and Closed Captions: Closed captions are crawled by search engines so you should optimize these with important keywords. To add subtitles or closed captions to a video, you will need to upload a separate. TIP: We recommend uploading the captions yourself. YouTube does offer automatic captioning, however, this tends to be inaccurate.
- End Screens: size at least size 300x300 pixels, End screens are notifications that appear at the end of your video that allow you to promote your brand and content. TIP: End screens show during the last 5-20 seconds of a video. Your video needs to be at least 25 seconds long to have an end screen.
If you are done with your optimization plan you should still go the extra mile. Increase your video views and rankings by prominently displaying your videos on your website, share your videos on the company blog and promote your video on social media.
To see all the details read the complete infographic below, “How to rank for your YouTube Videos”. Share with us your success story and use our commenting section below.