A video is becoming an essential element of every marketing strategy mix. The question which remains is, who is your target audience before you start to create a video? Which video type fits for my mission?
The team at digital marketing and analytics training company Digital Vidya created an infographic that shows the power of video marketing and illustrates some best-practices. We can read how video can be used at certain stages of a marketing funnel. But before we look into the best practice let’s recap the facts of the current state of video.
- 78% of people watch online videos every week, and 55% view online videos every day
- YouTube is the second most trafficked site, after Google
- 51% of video plays on mobile devices
- 100 million hours of video are watched each day on Facebook
- 1200% Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and image content combined
In the infographic, we can find some predictions by 2021, and the effects of Video Marketing. Don’t miss out to read about the final take- away tips and consideration to create an effective video.
Let us summarize which video type does produce the best engagement with our audience.
- Product and Server Demos
- Case Studies which build most of the time in explainer video fashion
- Brand Videos which talk about the mission and culture of an organization
- The world famous how to Videos
- Customer Testimonials
- Live Videos on events or behind the scene coverage
- Personalized messages from influencers or knowledge carriers
Let us have a look in which marketing stage the videos are most powerful.
Awareness stage. Videos made specifically for social media can help you get the word out about your brand. You can outline a challenge that you’re company or product is helping to solve, such as with an explainer video. Never lose focus on your brand’s core values. Videos can be the first touchpoint of a viewer’s first interaction with your brand. To identify your ROI measure success by assessing view counts and view length.
Consideration stage. Some 64% of consumers are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video about it. Testimonial videos help in exactly this situation, or you might even make an in-depth breakdown of exactly how your product works.
Conversion stage. Because emotion is a strong factor in decision-making, this stage is the right time to explain how easy and/or simple it is. Build excitement for your audience with a personalized approach.
Check out the full infographic to make your videos the most effective they can be, share with us your experience in the past and what helped you to improve your mission to success. Let’s make 2019 our year of great videos.