Did you know that more than 1 billion people in the world use Instagram? The fact is that over 95 million posts are shared every day, on average. With the booming industry of influencers, people earn enough money to even make a living there. It’s time to look into Instagram facts in 2021 to understand the success.
2021 just got started and marketers realize after the year 2020 that social media marketing is more key to success than ever before. Through the pandemic, during 2020 the world moved towards a digital society. Instagram is leading the game when it comes to engagement and conversion of its actual users and business online. Squarelovin put the infographics together with all the facts about Instagram in 2021.
The key facts about Instagram illustrate how powerful the platform is for companies and influencers.
- Every day over 95 million posts are shared
- The raise of usage is high, over 1 billion people use the platform on a daily base
- Stories are getting more popular, over 500 million people share daily Instagram stories
- More than 25 million business can be found on Instagram
- On a daily based Instagram, users are 53 minutes online
- 200 million users visit at least once a day a business account
- The age group 18-34 are the most active users on Instagram
- We can see that over 76% of worldwide businesses are online on Instagram
For marketers, the keyword is engagement, where can I find the contact to my potential clients and customers and have a proper engagement? Well, Instagram is the queen of engagement, 14 times higher than Facebook, and 27 times more than on Twitter.
Relevant is for the business the numbers behind engagements, how do they look like, what is in for me?
- 130 million users tap on shopping posts every month
- Businesses spend $ 13.36 billion per year on advertisement
- One-third of Instagram stories are shared by businesses
- 15-25% of users swipe up on Instagram stories
- We can find 78% of all top brands with a shoppable Instagram account
We can see the rise and growth of influencers, in 2020 over 2.3 billion influencers have been active on Instagram compared to 2017 when only 0.8 billion used Instagram as their preferred platform.
We can see that marketers use 25% of photo ads, and also popular are video ads (24%). Carousel ads are only used by 19&, while 15% use collection ads. Instagram stories are popular but only 14% of ads are on stories.
I secret hint is that ads for location-tag get 79% more engagement.
Fun fact: The most liked post on Instagram is a photo of an egg with 5.2 million likes.
Instagram introduced Reels. If you haven’t uploaded your first Instagram Reel yet, it’s your turn now. Reels can not only be seen by your followers, but by all users on Instagram. If you want to reach new clients and get more attention to your content – start with some Reels this year!
Instagram Guides is a new function that was introduced by the end of 2020. It overs a good way to share your thoughts in a more detailed way. For businesses, it’s a perfect tool to advertise products and services more specifically.
User-generated content (UGC) which is created by people, like text, videos, images, reviews, etc. rather than brands has more engagement than brand content. UGC is trusted by 92% more by users compared to actual brands ads. We could experience that brands will often share UGC on their own social media accounts, website, and other marketing channels.
In general, UGC is more successful when it comes to engagement, buying decision influence, conversion rate, and trust.